My PC is browsing the net very slowly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

My name is Simon and this is my first post. I came here after finding a link on the Ask Jack column in the Guardian.

My problem is that a few months ago the speed of my internet browsing slowed down considerably. It was particularly apparent when downloading or watching youtube for example. After about a month it suddenly speeded up again without me having done anything in particular to resolve the problem.

This has now happened a further 2 or 3 times.

It has been slow again over the past week so I have now followed Howard's routine to cleanse my pc and I attach my 3 log files as suggested. I would like someone to look at these and advise. I also attach a 4th log file showing the results of a bitdefender online scan that I performed earlier.

The pc seems to have speeded up again after this process so maybe the problem has been solved but I would still like someone to look at the log files and offer further advice or help if required.

Many thanks.

Simon.

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    5.2 KB · Views: 6
  • ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt
    311 bytes · Views: 5
  • bitdefender.log
    414 bytes · Views: 5
That is a lot of infected files there, that bitdefender found't.

Do you use your computer for online banking ect... If so i would advise on doing a format as there could be a backdoor trojan lurking.

Regards Jase :)

At the least if you do online banking call your bank and change your password. Like right this minute.

RomJ

When you say change your password do you mean my user ID as the passwords can be changed online - I've just changed them.

I ran the other checks after the bitdefender report so is it likely that the trojans etc have been removed?

Simon.

simo67uk said:
When you say change your password do you mean my user ID as the passwords can be changed online - I've just changed them.

I ran the other checks after the bitdefender report so is it likely that the trojans etc have been removed?

Simon.

Changing them ONLINE is bad. If you computer is infected with certain programs those new passwords might have been compromised. Until you are sure your computer is secure and virus free do not use it for banking and similar personal matters. And I only mean Banking and any online business you do. I am not capible of saying they have been removed.

If someone who knows better then I how to read the logs would read the logs, you'd get a far more certain answer.

As i say, formatting would be the best option.

Regards Jase :)

This thread is for the use of simo67uk only. Please do not post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back