My PC Mic went out... Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroCount

I was playing some CS:S, America's Army, BF2 and DoD, I took a break, when I came back and tried to set my Mic up (Headset, Logitech) it wouldn't recognize my voice, so I went to the Windows Recorder, and tried it there, and nothing...

EVERYTHING is plugged in, I'm not that dump, and I checked the Mic's cord, but nothing.

Any ideas would be of help, thanks :)

tried the mic on a different pc or something, and vice versa with a different mic on your pc?

tried wiggling the cable or plug around?

fiddled around with your sound card drivers?

any more info? sound card, headset model etc?

I would LIKE to fiddle with my Sound Card Drivers, but its all integrated.. Oh man I need some new stuff.

Well, if I put my HD into my NEW PC that I am building, would it possibly fix it? If not, how can I determine what the sound card is so I can update it?

you missunder stand me.. :)

by sound card drivers i ment the software and various windows elements that control the way the in's (microphone, line in etc) and outs (speakers, heaphones etc) work, in the context of a sound card..

look for Sound and Multimedia or similar in Control Panel, that is one of window's part of the process. The other one that plays the important role would be the manufacturer's software, like Realtek, C-Media, Creative/Soundblaster/Audigy, CMI etc. If you need to get the current one, then go to the respective website for the motherboard, then downlaod as such.

Preferably if you do choose to just install it onto a new pc, you still will be faced with the problem of driver issues and compatibility. Rarely will windows just go boot up nice and easy, most would have to perform a Windows Repair, some even to a fresh install. Although having the cd's for the various components like the motherboard etc will help and ease the pain :D

Have you got around to testing your headset onto another audio source and/or a different working mic into your soundcard?

The mic works perfectly on my bros comp, so it isn't the mic itself.

Yes, I went through ALL the adio/voice settings and tried everything, but none seemed to do anything. Hopefully when I build my new PC tomorrow, somehow it will be fixed.

Thanks for the help.

ok.. so mic works.. then it could be the plug itself on the motherboard that has gone kaput.. only way to test is to either use that jack assigning feature on your drivers, if it has one to route the mic into the line in etc or use another mic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back