Pc build >>
cpu : amd FX9590 black
gpu : amd r9 380 nitro sapphire 4gb
psu: evega 850w
motherboard : gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 R5
RAM : 1X8gb ddr3 CRUCIAL
HDD : 1tb W-D
O-S : windows 8.1 64bit

>every time I play a game the screen go freeze after about half an hour ....
>gpu and cpu temp are normal ( as I over cooling them with outer big fan )
>I returned to the manufacturer of the cpu and the motherboard but no result ( saying they are good)
>I ran bench mark test and graphic test and the pc didnt freeze , just while playing
>I was able to use another " gpu - powersupply " ( but the same problem )
>so the problem not with the gpu nor the psu .... plz any help here , I read about 100 book about pc freezing but nothing helped

"every time I play a game the screen go freeze after about half an hour .... "
Which games are these?, What do they use (internet?, multi-display?, etc)

"I ran bench mark test and graphic test and the pc didnt freeze , just while playing "
Did you run benchmark for longer than 1/2 hour?
Can you download and run Memtest86 overnight (10 hours)? https://www.techspot.com/downloads/6216-memtest86.html

"every time I play a game the screen go freeze after about half an hour .... "
Which games are these?, What do they use (internet?, multi-display?, etc)

"I ran bench mark test and graphic test and the pc didnt freeze , just while playing "
Did you run benchmark for longer than 1/2 hour?
Can you download and run Memtest86 overnight (10 hours)? https://www.techspot.com/downloads/6216-memtest86.html
1-
any game I play even the small games , I tried ( mortal combat x - medal of honer - dying light - gta v - far cry 3 ) any game I try
even with low graphics option
2-
I didnt run the benchmark for 1/2 hour , it just run for about 10 mints max ..... that what the test take ! how can I run the test for longer time ?
3-
my windows is 8.1 (64bit).... do memtest(86) run on that wid. version ?

1- what do they all have in common - just to themselves? Steam?

2- I think MSI has a long running test for display, I'll see if I can find it

3 - Yes, run at least 7 full passes (overnight)

My thought is that there is something in common (graphics driver, Steam service, etc) which is failing - due to memory leak or corrupted file - especially since it is just a freeze and not a crash... access event viewer and see if there is an error which appears at the time of your past freezes - and check Device Manager for any error conditions in your hardware

>I did the memtest86 for 10 houers / 3 pass / 0 error and the pc didnt freeze while testing ((( but it did freeze when I restarted the pc on the boot screen )))
>and I don't even have steam to run the games ( so it not steam problem )
>I tried other VEGA card but the same problem ( so it is not VEGA problem )
>I checked the event viewer on the freeze time there was an warning at 2:38:40 ( untitled.jpg )Untitled.jpg

after a mint at 2:39:40 there was error ( untitled1.jpg )

Untitled1.jpg

So Windows has decided that you have a wireless keyboard (and were they correct?)?. It tried to load a driver for it..WUDFRd. That seems to have failed - probably because you do not have a wireless keyboard.

This forum post may help: https://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/57438-driver-driver-wudfrd-failed-load-device.html though it is for Windows 10.

What hardware do you have for HID in Device manager? (another photo please) Does any of it match the device in the error message? Any marked with triangle 'error' symbol? Do you actually have a wireless device?

Since gaming requires more input than hunt and peck typing, is it possible that the driver error only appears when the keyboard/mouse activity is heavier? Is Windows messed up or do you need to update wireless device drivers?

Second thought - also run memtest86 for another night, just to gain good confidence in RAM. RAM is weird stuff.

>yes I got a microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse ... I think it is not the problem ...
>I think the problem may be with ( CPU or motherboard or RAM ) ......I tested the ram with the memtest86 so how can I test the CPU and the motherboard ?
>I will run memtest86 for half a day and I will sent u
this is the screen shot that u need untitled 4
hope that it help
Untitled4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just used a cpu tester named ( hot cpu tester ) the pc screen freeze after about 3 mints... that was the screen when it froze.

I do not have experience with "hot cpu tester", but I do note that it was published in 2007.

In your shoes, I would make a restore point, then go to Device Manger and under View tab click "show hidden devices", then remove all HID, keyboard and mice devices - reboot and let Windows reinstall what it finds - then compare that to your current listing in expectation that unneeded devices are eliminated.

The first thing I'd consider is where the slowest point or "bottlemeck" is. It sounds like new games played with DDR2533MHz memory, while the standard is not 4GB of 667MHz memory, but 1.066 GHz bus speed and 8 or more GB of RAM. Consider the fact that new games require up to date hardware. Buy double your memory. It will stop this I wager, but be sure you look into your motherboard's max. RAM first.

The first thing I'd consider is where the slowest point or "bottlemeck" is. It sounds like new games played with DDR2533MHz memory, while the standard is not 4GB of 667MHz memory, but 1.066 GHz bus speed and 8 or more GB of RAM. Consider the fact that new games require up to date hardware. Buy double your memory. It will stop this I wager, but be sure you look into your motherboard's max. RAM first.
gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 R5 supports DDR3 - not DDR2. He has 8GB.

I tried removing all the mic mouse keyboard hid and let the pc reinstall them .... but the same , freeze while playing ..
The pc disconnect those hids when it freeze
So it shows this error of wireless keyboard disconnect .. after freezing
To Mattew : I am using a 8 gb ram ddr3 not ddr2 . So its very enough for those games , I checked it .... and even though the pc freeze after playing a very low quality games as need for speed under ground .....

In my thoughts it is a motherboard or processor problem .... because I tried the memtest86 for over than 10 hours and nothing happened with no error ... and I tried other powersupply ,the same freeze .... I tried other vega card , the same freeze .... all of that with very low quality games..... AND when I tried a cpu burn tester this test runs the cpu to its limits ... the pc freeze after (JUST 3 MINTS ).......

"So it shows this error of wireless keyboard disconnect .. after freezing "

In your shoes, I would download wireless keyboard/mouse drivers and reinstall.

If that is a bother, try wired keyboard/mouse for a bit and see if you have continued problems.

I tried that today .... but the same freeze
A wired keyboard and a joystick also ....
Can u tell me how to test the processor or the motherboard with given report ?

Try to remove all HID (all that stuff in Device Manager), remove wireless dongle and restart with just the wired.

Try to remove all HID (all that stuff in Device Manager), remove wireless dongle and restart with just the wired.
I swear I did that , I did all of that
I removed all HIDs in device manager , removed the wireless dongle and used a wired keyboard and mouse instead..... I did all that stuff related to the keyboard and mouse things

Oh, I believe you - I just wanted to check for completeness.

In your shoes, I would download and try a bootable Linux - something like Ubuntu from Canonical - using just the wired mouse/keyboard. If I duplicated the freeze, then it is definitely hardware... if not, I would invest in a copy of Windows 10, backup all my data and do a clean install.

As to testing CPU and motherboard, the standard is to replace components with known good ones - and to do this as long as the problem persists. If it is hardware, the problem at some point stops - and that would mean the last part that you swapped out was the bad one. Terrible process.

You will have to spend time with your motherboard manual - best if you can turn Secure Boot off if you are switching things around - else you may need a "recovery disk' to get through Secure Boot

nothing worked
I just went to downgrade my core frequency to 4.5 ghz and disable the turbo boost , now it works fine
but why my cpu cant run more than 4.5ghz
it suppose to work normally with 4.7ghz and boost to 5.0ghz
?????

Gigabyte might be able to answer that - or maybe your CPU power from PSU is limited. No definitive explanation. Your CPU is on the qualified vendor list, yes?

Has anyone else experienced 'too fast to boot properly'?

Last edited:
Any body know how to check the cpu voltage?? And how to check the cpu temperature ?? But while playing not with the boot menu , coz I want to monitor the deference that happened when the pc freeze

Back