My Pc Wont Start!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I currently have a Gateway 3.2 ghz pentium 4 with a Geforce 6800. Everything was great and my pc was working fine. So I just get back from a weekend vaction and for some reason my pc would began to boot, go to a blue screen for a very short split second, and than reboot. I tried running it in safe mode and still no luck. It gets into this loop of starting than restarting.

Having lost my windows xp cd, I went and bought a copy of Vista. So I put in the disk and booted from the dvd. After a minute the dvd started to load, and than frooze. I waited for five minutes than restarted the computer.

Now heres the odd part I need help with. Now when I boot my pc, no image displays on my monitor. There are no beeps, no display, and a little red light blinking on my motherboard by the small battery. I cant get any image on my monitor, I also tried a few other monitors with no luck.

SO how do I get my pc to bootup! I need your help asap!!!!

Little Red Light?

Well I currently have a Gateway 3.2 ghz pentium 4 with a Geforce 6800 Everything was great and my pc was working fine. So I just get back from a weekend vaction and for some reason my pc would began to boot, go to a blue screen for a very short split second, and than reboot. I tried running it in safe mode and still no luck. It gets into this loop of starting than restarting.

To me this sounds like the power supply failing.

Now heres the odd part I need help with. Now when I boot my pc, no image displays on my monitor. There are no beeps, no display, and a little red light blinking on my motherboard by the small battery.

I Had this problem before little red light and all sorry to tell you this but it sounds like you fried your motherboard at least in my case it was.

all in all it sounds like you power supply failed or surged or something like that and killed your motherboard. so with that said you might want invest in a good surge protector and maybe even a backup power supply so you have plenty of time to shutdown your computer without damaging anything.

Hope this helps!
Late
Puppetgrimm1

I always use an UPS that is also plugged into a surge supressor. I had a surge supressor once and it didn't save my old system. But my UPS has.

I agree. Every machine I have is on a UPS including my XBOX's. Never had a problem relating to power. Its less than $50 for a UPS. There is no excuse not to have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back