My Photoshop Runs Slow :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

jahangir

Hi,

I have Pentium 4 (2.4 GHz ) with 1GB Ram...

I use photoshop CS2 and in photoshop Preferences it shows available Ram as 892Mb, from which I have alloted 800Mb to it and set image cache at 8.

Everything works very fine except for one thing that when I press the Tab Button and hide all the windows like " layer window, swatches window, tools options...etc" and again press TAB Button to show those windows they appear very late.

I think they should not appear late cuz I am giving photoshop 800Mb of Ram, is it still not enough to work fast?

Can anyone of you help me and tell me what is the possible cuz of this problem.

Remember: Sometime photoshop runs FINE, windows don't appear late, but this happens once out of 100 times

thank you very much

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Doesn`t Photoshop CS have an option to automatically assign ram? If it does, you may be better off using that option.

Take a look at this link HERE.

Maybe you have some programmes running in the background that you don`t need. If so disable them in msconfig`s start up menu.

Download and run the Ccleaner(crap cleaner) programme from HERE. Also, run a disk cleanup and defrag your hard drive.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

No howard its not like that, actually to overcome this problem and to give more and more ram to photoshop I always start photoshop as I start my computer, then I open other applications but problem doesn't go away :(

I will update cs2 in a few hours and will tell you the situation.

Thank you

problem solved

hey there

I just downloaded and installed the update 9.0.1 for cs2 and it worked like a magic for my problem.

THANK YOU SO MUCH HOWARD
I APPRECIATE YOUR GUIDANCE
You know this was my first post to this forum actually i m new here and I really didn't know how exact answers i will get from here regarding my problem, but i m very happy to get this type of positive response.

see you soon with any other problem hehehe
take care
jani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back