TechSpot

my Ping at cs = ???

By orre
Aug 19, 2005
  1. hi i'm not really got at operating cs and now i wonder = when i play on a server somone crated i can just play as regular with 50-150 ping.
    But when i try to make one myself with dedicated server (even downloaded superhero mod for fun) i get 1409 ping! but when wy brother plays from his comp he get 25 ping!?!

2. orre

orre TS Rookie Topic Starter

just edited some wrong typing

3. Blakhart

Blakhart TS Rookie Posts: 510

Let's see the stats for both computers.

4. orre

what do you want to know and how do i get the info :(

5. Blakhart

Blakhart TS Rookie Posts: 510

Right click on my computer, click properties, and read the memory total and cpu speed that appears, and then hit the hardware tab, click device manager, and click display adapters. Note what it says about the display adapter. Write all this info down and let us know.

6. flashmonkey

flashmonkey TS Rookie Posts: 136

If you're trying to connect to the dedicated server from the same computer the dedicated server is running on, that's a no-no. It won't work for you AT ALL.

7. orre

Oh ok that's bad but i atleast got a answer on my question thanks (both of you)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.