My programs don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonis

hello,
i have window xp sp 2....and recently i had some virus in my computer....but it was healed with the help of norton 360 premier version and kaspersky 2010.....
the virus came from the most common source pen drive.....and i still have that pen drive which is infected with trojan.win 32.refroso.bpk and win 32 virut.ce....
but i dont use that pen drive now and my computer is clean....... i also scanned hijack this..........i have attached the file.....
when i start my computer it loads normally... but whn i click any program it takes a lot lot f time to open...and no programs not even taskmanager open....and after some time all those progmas open at the same time...........
my system can t boot in safe mode as welll........plz help....

Well you have a couple of Trojans here:
O20 - Winlogon Notify: a018bc25660 - F:\WINDOWS\System32\clbcatex32.dll
O23 - Service: 1248707470 (.1248707470) - Unknown owner - F:\Program Files\1248707470\moonis1248707470L.exe
Of which you can start HJT Scan Only
Then tick the boxes next to them, then select Fix
Then close HJT, and Restart

But there's a couple of other strange issues:

1. You seem to have 2 Antivirus softwares installed:
F:\Program Files\Norton 360 Premier Edition
F:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2010
You can only have 1 Antivirus installed at a time (Otherwise you may get Virus and Trojans coming in ;))

It is possible to have 2 Antiviruses installed, if you are very, highly, technically minded; and you know what you are doing. BUT, I wouldn't do it, and I wouldn't even choose either of those 2 (my preference free Avira Antivirus - of which I use)
BUT (again) you can only have 1 installed at a time, so you need to uninstall the other one completely

2. It seems Windows and Programs are all installed on F drive :confused:
Usually Windows (and programs) are installed on C drive
You may want to backup; then format; then re-install Windows clean (so everything goes back to C drive)

Regarding your "Pen Drive"
There is a good guide HERE on removing a Virus on a Pen Drive
Do note: That without the Pendrive's autorun enabled, a Virus cannot get into Windows, as Viruses work from within Windows system drive only

I feel you should do a backup, then clean install, and install 1 Antivirus only

thanks!!

yea actually u r right about the antivirus and the os installation on f as well......i basically had very imp data on c and that hung up....it didnt give me time to backup so i formatted f and installed os on it....for temporary purposes.......i hope tht the solution wrks out.....thanks very very much

recheack plz

i scanned with hijack removed one of the antivruses,....im attaching the new file of hj this..........plz check it out.......i would be thankful

Start HJT Scan Only
Then tick the boxes next to them, then select Fix
Then close HJT
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [] (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [] (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [] (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [] (User 'Default user')
O23 - Service: 1248707470 (.1248707470) - Unknown owner - F:\Program Files\1248707470\moonis1248707470L.exe (file missing)
Before restarting, run IE Reset:

Or manually from here https://www.techspot.com/vb/post682762-2.htm

You are also running DAP (it will be listed in Add/Remove Programs)
Please uninstall DAP then go to Start > Run > %programfiles% locate DAP (folder) and delete it (Note if it does not remove you may need to do this in Safe Mode)

Restart

Open Internet Explorer (you may need to go through the standard IE configurations, as we reset them)
Then go to this link: http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp?detect=jre&try=1
And update your Java

Once Java is up to date: download JavaRa from here: http://downloads.sourceforge.net/javara/JavaRa.zip
Unzip it, then select English, and then select "Remove older versions"

Then download and "Start" TFC by OldTimer: http://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/TFC.exe
Cleaning out all temporary files (You may need to restart)

Lastly, clear out all old System Restore points, by:
Start > Run > control sysdm.cpl,,4 and then press Enter
* Tick on the checkbox - Turn off System Restore on all drives
* Click Apply
Turn it back 'On' by unticking the same checkbox & click Apply, and then OK

At this stage you will be likely pretty much all ok
The only slowness you may experience will be from using Norton :/

EDIT:

Please note a more comprehensive guide on removing Malware can be found here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
As we still do not fully know if all is well. BUT as you may (?) be re-installing clean, then you may not end up doing all this

that solves it... but plz i have a similar problem with....

hello,
i thank u for that.... yea it looks better now. but i have a similar problem with my laptop..... if u could plz help me out i would be rely thankful.... i m sorry for again and again disturbing u.... but u know i ve no option....i ve attached the hj log file plz take a look to it........i thnk there is some kind of a virus in ti which probabily came from some torrent download.......i hope u reply..... i would be thankful...
thanks again
moonis

Please start a new topic for your laptop
Before creating the new topic you will need to go through this guide: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
One of the recommendations of the guide is to remove all P2P software (including your presently installed BitTorrent program
Once you have gone through the Preliminary Malware removal guide, then create your new topic attaching all 3 logs

Note: If you are continuously receiving Malware through P2P then it may be best for you not to use such programs with non updated Windows Service Packs
Members in the know, tend to use Linux Boot CDs such as >> Ubuntu if they want to continue using P2P software. Obviously you are best to do this as well.

some undetectible virus causing mysterious problems

i recently frormatted this system with os windows xp sp 2... the data i backed up after restoring it it causes some problems and also i m using transcend hdd to back up but when i use the usb hdd for longer time it cant remove safely...... im am attaching hjt log file. plz help me to get out of this... that would be most kind of u........
thanks
moonis

If you would like help with the malware, please follow the steps HERE.

When you have finished, attach the logs from Malwarebytes and Superantispyware.

Paste the logs for HijackThis. Be sure to include all of the log. I checked the one above and it seems to be missing some entry categories.

A Hijackthis log alone is not sufficient to begin cleaning.

logs

i m attaching the three logs htj, and the other two as well......wht abt my hard disk which i am not able to remove safely if i use it for a bit longer time......say i watch a movie on it...after i watch the movie if i want to remove the external hard disk safely i m not able to..................dont know wht is wrong with it.... i scanned it nothing found.........

You are posting in the Virus and Malware Removal forum. We don't do "hard Disc" here. For those problems, please post In the Windows OS forum.

I am a bit confused about/which/how many computer systems you want us to work with. Each should have it's own thread and if posting at the same time, note should be made about multiple computers and which system is on which thread.

The only entry I would ask about in the logs is:
Is this your ISP?
IP 202.54.15.30
netname: TATACOMM-IN
descr: Internet Service Provider
descr: TATA Communications formerly VSNL is Leading ISP,
descr: Data and Voice Carrier in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back