TechSpot

My programs won't open...

By ryan01
Jan 1, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just recently, many of my programs give errors or "fail to initialize" when I try to open them and use them...Some programs still open just fine, like Notepad, but this is ridiculous because I noticed this after I had been using my computer for awhile, and sure enough the more programs I tried to open, the more seemed to give errors or close on their own just after being opened... :confused: I have since restarted my computer, and it booted up ok, but still my programs are giving me the same errors...

Does anyone know why this is happening? and what I can do about this problem?? I would appreciate any help on this, thanks.

2. RoadKiller

RoadKiller TS Rookie Posts: 30

There is a very effective way.
    Just try to format your pc and reinstall Everything.

3. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,644

Have you tried system restore ?

4. RoadKiller

RoadKiller TS Rookie Posts: 30

Yeah, That Can Be Helpful also.

5. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 8,165

6. ryan01

ryan01 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I already tried system restore, and that did nothing to fix the problem, unfortunately...

some programs work (moreso anyway) when I reinstall the individual program(s)... and when I got AdAware to run its scan, it didn't find anything like a virus or trojan, or anything like that...

Is there any hardware-related issue that might cause this kind of thing to happen? Or does this usually just happen due to an infection of some sort?

7. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,644

More obvious suggestions :Scandisk ? Defrag ?

8. ununreal

ununreal TS Rookie

9. mystique22

mystique22 TS Rookie

wow roadkiller!!.. the last thing u wanna do to your computer is reformat it and reinstall ALL.. this is a very late reply but for others, try the Trojan Remover software and CCleaner.. those are pretty tough yet free.. of course this is not hardware-related...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.