TechSpot

My programs won't open...

By ryan01
Jan 1, 2006
  1. Just recently, many of my programs give errors or "fail to initialize" when I try to open them and use them...Some programs still open just fine, like Notepad, but this is ridiculous because I noticed this after I had been using my computer for awhile, and sure enough the more programs I tried to open, the more seemed to give errors or close on their own just after being opened... :confused: I have since restarted my computer, and it booted up ok, but still my programs are giving me the same errors...

Does anyone know why this is happening? and what I can do about this problem?? I would appreciate any help on this, thanks.

2. RoadKiller

RoadKiller TS Rookie Posts: 22

There is a very effective way.
    Just try to format your pc and reinstall Everything.

3. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,446

Have you tried system restore ?

4. RoadKiller

RoadKiller TS Rookie Posts: 22

Yeah, That Can Be Helpful also.

5. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

6. ryan01

ryan01 TS Rookie Topic Starter

I already tried system restore, and that did nothing to fix the problem, unfortunately...

some programs work (moreso anyway) when I reinstall the individual program(s)... and when I got AdAware to run its scan, it didn't find anything like a virus or trojan, or anything like that...

Is there any hardware-related issue that might cause this kind of thing to happen? Or does this usually just happen due to an infection of some sort?

7. Peddant

Peddant TS Rookie Posts: 1,446

More obvious suggestions :Scandisk ? Defrag ?

8. ununreal

ununreal TS Rookie

9. mystique22

mystique22 TS Rookie

wow roadkiller!!.. the last thing u wanna do to your computer is reformat it and reinstall ALL.. this is a very late reply but for others, try the Trojan Remover software and CCleaner.. those are pretty tough yet free.. of course this is not hardware-related...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.