TechSpot

My proposed upgrade(s)

By Vehementi
Aug 10, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm planning on buying an Athlon XP 1900+, and a Radeon 8500LE Pro.

The 1900+ is $106, and the 8500 is $100, and I've got about $210-260 (Depends how much I work tomorrow) to spend.

Other proposed upgrades are a 2100+ and a R9000, and a 2000+ w/ a plain 8500.

I'm not a big fan of buying the higher speed XP's, cause the difference is only 70 MHz from model to model, and the price difference ranges from model to model. And I can overclock to make up the difference and save a few bucks :)
  2. eveneannenevs

eveneannenevs TS Rookie Posts: 20

sounds good, visit pricewatch for even cheaper prices. (i got my radeon 8500 for 87)
  3. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 6,504   +6

Looks good.

I remember when I was younger having to work overtime to buy upgrades. I worked extra shifts for about 2 weeks to get a P200, motherboard and 16 MB EDO RAM, which at the time was like totally amazing.

I was very pleased with it, and I think you are going to be pleased with you upgrade to. Its good that you are working hard to be able to buy these things.
  4. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Topic Starter Posts: 3,199

As of today I bought a...

Athlon XP 2100+ :eek:

Gigabyte Radeon 8500LE Pro :D

Plus a Coolermaster HSF.

Even though I'm leaving for San Diego in 6 days I think I'll enjoy it :dead:
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.