My "RIG"

By DonNagual
Sep 20, 2005
Post New Reply
  1. [rant]

    Anyone else find the term "rig" when referring to your own computer as annoying to the point of a facial "wince"?

    It is like pulling a bicep pose and saying look at my "pipes". puke:

  2. howard_hopkinso

    howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

    It`s not a term that I use very often, if at all.

    It certainly doesn`t bother me :p

    What is it about the term "rig" that annoys you?

    Regards Howard :) :)
  3. Vigilante

    Vigilante TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,666

    lol, I've never heard the term used yet. I think of a "rig" as like a well drilling rig or maybe a large moving truck.
    So then, fill in the blank of what you like best:

    "I just upgraded, so check out my " [blank] "now!"

    I would proabably use the term "system".
  4. tomrca

    tomrca TS Rookie Posts: 1,000


    that takes me back to the old days of CB.10-4 way gone wooooosh
  5. LNCPapa

    LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,210   +424

    I have no probs with it being called that - though I don't know anyone who does. I usually call mine either "my machine" or "my baby."

Similar Topics

Add New Comment

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...