My screen went pixelated

_20161207_182259.JPG I was just playing a game, then suddenly this happened. I tried to go to the desktop, but the mouse won't work either. I've tried anything, but nothing work. The only thing is working is the power button to force turning off my laptop. I was able to turn the computer back on, though I think it's not a good thing for my laptop. This already happened a few times. Need help please!
My laptop is an Asus X550JX, not yet modified, except the 2gb RAM that I added

According to the specs this is a high performance laptop, probably just out of warranty. From the corrupted screen it looks like the graphics chip has died. Fixing that usually requires a replacement motherboard so you are unlikely to be able to make an economic repair. If you added the extra ram just before the problem try pulling it out.

I've tried to use it without the extra ram, and it never happened again. Looks like the additional ram isn't really compatible. Thanks for the tips! Really helpful.

I've had problems with adding additional ram and now check it out very carefully. Previously, I'd go for what looked the cheapest which can be a big mistake. It costs a bit more to buy from the bigger companies but you get plenty of information. Crucial's website has a scanner that looks at your computer and identifies exactly what you need. You could also pull a working stick out, carefully note all details on the label then look on eBay for an exact match. I prefer to add a matching pair of sticks where there are two sockets available and I want to increase the ram.

I've had problems with adding additional ram and now check it out very carefully. Previously, I'd go for what looked the cheapest which can be a big mistake. It costs a bit more to buy from the bigger companies but you get plenty of information. Crucial's website has a scanner that looks at your computer and identifies exactly what you need. You could also pull a working stick out, carefully note all details on the label then look on eBay for an exact match. I prefer to add a matching pair of sticks where there are two sockets available and I want to increase the ram.
I never knew adding ram would be this complicated. Should've been asking around first before buying one. Really appreciate your help, gonna check Crucial's website right away

Back