My speakers are burping

Status
Not open for further replies.

springheeledjak

hi.
A couple of weeks ago my speakers started burping a buzzing noise every couple of minutes and i don't know how to get rid of it and it's really starting to bug me. I'm using an inbuilt soundblaster live 24-bit soundcard on my gigabyte ga-g1975x motherboard. My speakers are connected through an amp in me sub which is then connected to my computer. The buzzing noise occurs even when the computer is off, but the amp is on (i'm not too sure about this, but i will check to make sure and add it in later)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Hi; it's not rare to see this kind of buzzing sounds i suspect.
Depend on how good is your amp, it affect the electricity current going around.
Expensive-amp will have better resistors and capacitors that will protect physical devices connected to it while cheaper amp could destroy your soundcard if it's incompatible.

Assuming that you're using middle-type of amp, have you try pluggin out the power cord of the computer and listen whether any buzzing sounds produced? It;s because many desktop (even mine) is still having little electricity current as long as the power cord is connected.

i've had this computer and speaker system for about a year now and it's only recently been making this regular burping noise so i don't think that's the problem, but i tried unplugging the computer anyway and it still made the noise

So ... might be the input cable age?
I mean if you plug out your cable from soundcard, does it still produce buzzing sounds or even louder? If it's try to change the wire...

But there's a case where the electricity in the house is not stable for some reasons (i.e. 230V become 220V or similar) speakers making extremely loud buzzing sound. well, i don;t think this is your case, just for fun:)

No, unplugging the inputs from the computer doesn't change anything, I guess this means that my amp/sub is the problem. So how do i fix that?

It's not a constant buzzing, but a short burp that occurs every couple of minutes, i'm not sure if i made that clear before.

Please stick to this thread only. There is an Edit button if you forget to add info to your post :)

If your speakers are producing sounds whilst your PC is off, then it has nothing to do with your PC. Especially if you have unplugged the cable between the PC and the amp, henceforth isolating it.

If you put a noise that is past its threshold as well as being loud, you'd most likely blow the speakers and some circuit if it was a cheap unit or not produce the sound (as a safety feature) if it was a more better built unit.

I suspect you have some electronic damage inside your amp or speaker, possibly a faulty capacitor maybe (guess). If you want to inspect the amp or speakers, unplug the speakers and leave it alone for a couple of hours, and leave the "on" switch on to drain any residual electricity from inside. Then carefully open her up and take a look. However if its under warranty then just send it back for repairs/exchange.

i just noticed something interesting, the buzzing does not occur when i put the amp volume on full (not the pc volume).
Is that significant?

erm...
i thought you are talking about separate amp

do you mean buzzing sounds "completely" gone when you turn the volume to the maximum? Might be a volume control issue... or wire issue...
however "trial and error" with the speaker (like what you just did) is one of the fastest method to figure it out:)

note that you have 3 wires (front rear and centre channel), maybe even only one of them is disorder or even buzzing sounds coming from some of those 5 speakers. from here onwards is confirmed that the problem is with your :
Creative Inspire T6060 5.1 Channel Speaker System
and no worries about your computer ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back