My System Says Hello!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

farmer

Ok, first off, if this thread is a no-no, please let me know right off and I'll not make the same mistake again. I see that for the most part you all don't do the sigs, so I wanted to post my system specs, and then maybe you might kinda place the rig with the name...

P4 3.0c(ES)w/ Zalman CNPS7000-Cu/Asus P4P800Dlx/OCZ EL PC3500 Ltd.Ed.(2x256-270fsb-2-2-3-6-8-2.85v)/WD Raptor SATA/ Ati Radeon 9800 Pro/ Audigy 2/ Enermax Whisper 431w/ Lian Li PC61

Ok, that's it. I still have many questions on how to squeeze just a little more out of it, and that's the purpose of my comming to TechSpot, and maybe I can pass on some small bit-o-knowledge that I've learned, and that would make me feel great...

Later....

Hi...I'll do the same :D

AMD XP 2800+ (211x11.5) w/ CoolerMaster Aero 7+
Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev. 2 (1007 bios)
Corsair TwinX 400mhz, PC3200LL (1 gig) (6,3,2,2) Memory
WD Raptor HardDrive (10,000 rpm, 8mb cache, ATA150)
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro w/ Thermaltake Giant 2
SB Audigy 2
Lite-on 16x DVD
Creative 52x Remote CDROM
Sony 52x/24x/52x Burner
Zalman ZM-RS6F Theater 6 Headphones
Altec Lansing ACS56 4.1 Speakers
PowerTek 500 watt PS (dual fans & gold plated)
Aspire X-Alien Black Case w/ 6 LED case fans

Here at TechSpot we put our system specs in our profiles. Go up to "User CP" in the blue buttons along the top, goto "Edit Profile", scroll down and you'll see fields for your components. Check mine out, but I'm actually about to upgrade to a...

P4 2.6C + Thermalright SP94
ASUS P4P800 Deluxe
2x256M OCZ Copper PC4000

Sometime in the near future, I want a WD Raptor, new GFX card, and maybe a new sound card if I don't like the P4P800's integrated. Hopefully I'll win the 9800 Pro Julio is thinking of giving away in this next contest :) Then my 8500 will go into my new second machine, which will be a Duron 800.

some of us put ur system specs in our sigs :D
but that might just be me

Steg

btw - im looking at buying a gainward fx 5700 ultra - POWER!

try more relaxed memory timings and you'll be able to take your chip a lil higher. Dont know if this was the advice you wanted but i saw your memory timings and i think you can get more performance out of your system.:)

Originally posted by Vehementi
Here at TechSpot we put our system specs in our profiles. Go up to "User CP" in the blue buttons along the top, goto "Edit Profile", scroll down and you'll see fields for your components. Check mine out, but I'm actually about to upgrade to a...

True, but if you've got a problem with your system, most of us appreciate it if you'll post the system specs in your post too... It saves us a bit of time when trying to figure out the problem...

Back to the topic...
Have you done anything to tweak your system yet?
If so, what?
It's quite hard to give advice on how to squeeze more performance out of a system, when you don't know what's been done to it...

Oh, and lolifedro's tip seems like a good one to me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back