My system uses over 90 % of CPU, it slows everything down

Status
Not open for further replies.

morteez

Hi,

Apparently my System uses over 90 % op the CPU, which of course both slows down my laptop a lot and also drains the batteries om my laptop.
I have a Ace Aspire 5020.
Sometimes it is alright, but lately It is happening more and more. I've only had the laptop for one year. And it is not over 90 % all the time, it jumps from 50 up to 99% but is usually around 85-90 %.

I hope you guys can help.

Your laptop is probably being affected by spyware, malware, and and a virus or 2 with all sorts of nasty stuff from AOL to Symantec malfunctions. Can you perform an Operating System restore safely?

I've done virus checks, malware spyware checks and all of that, so I don't think that it's anything like that.

Of course you have. Most people say this... Have you installed something recently that may have caused you to notice the slowness, or has it just got slower and slower over time? How old is the laptop?

Are you referring to your 'System Idle Process' ,by any chance :)

What is the name you see in the Task Manager ?

To rule out spyware entirely,go HERE and follow all the steps.

thanks all, i figured out what it was, I tried ending the System process, and then a process called CDF.exe or something like that, and I checked it online, and it was Comodo Firewall that was messing things up.
It's alright now, thanks all

Ahh Comodo Firewall... Did you recently install it? How did you regain speed? Change the firewall's settings?

Well done.

If it was Comodo,then i can only imagine it was something to with the

Application Behaviour Analysis.Some people turn that off entirely,but

if your spyware prone,youd better keep it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back