My Toshiba satellite cannot load anything at all

My laptop is Toshiba L755-16H, windows 8.1 update

All what I get now is the first screen of “Toshiba Leading Innovation” and “H2O bios” then the logo of windows 8 (4 blue quartered window) then black screen with flashing cursor and the mouse arrow, and it keeps like that.

The details as follows:

It was working normally until certain critical update is installed from Windows update, then it refuses to load windows at all and gives error message.

1- In the beginning I tried to get into recovery options> advanced options> repair start up> but no benefit.

2- Then I tried system restore> it failed and no benefit.

3- then system refresh> but I have windows 8 dvd not 8.1 so it said not suitable cd

4- then I searched the internet to enable safe mood and entered the following command in command prompt:

“bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy” (no quotes)

I got it from this forum:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525027/windows-81-wont-boot-cant-access-anything/

and I could get into safe mood and tried to do system restore but it failed also.

After that I couldn’t boot the computer at all or even get into the system BIOS setup with F2 or F8 or F12.

Also I tried to enter the DVD of the Laptop Recovery or the DVD of windows 8 but they spin for little seconds and nothing happens although I am sure the DVD rom is the first in booting sequence, (but the DVD rom sometimes fails to read some disks)

I tried to disconnect the power supply and remove the battery then press the power button for 2 minutes > but no benefit.

I tried to press 0 (zero) with the power button on starting up and keep pressing zero to go to factory settings but no benefit.

I tried to use “Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10” on a CD and “Hiren’s BootCD 15.2” on a cd and DVD > no benefit (it spins for some time then as usual, the windows logo appears then the black screen.

Please Help me. The computer is completely useless and I can’t get into any options at all. What can I do?????

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks God, and Thanks sincerely for every one tried to help me.

Nearly the problem has been RESOLVED

I think it was a matter of corrupted Master File Table (MFT) and volume bitmap and also Malware detected.

Here you are the details:

I removed the HDD from the defected laptop, and connected it to a SATA enclosure and connected it via USB cable to another working laptop.

I have performed a scan with antivirus (360 Internet security) but I didn’t leave it to finish. It has detected a Trojan in the following path ” \Program files (x86)\Toshiba\Bluetooth Toshiba Stack\LANG\PTB\BTAssist.chm” detected as Advanced Level Trojan Program.

I believed it may a problem of corrupted Registry or File system, so I have performed Error checking for the Windows partition (from Properties of the desired partition the Tools tab then “Check” under Error checking section, it found some errors and fixed them . then I stopped the antivirus scanning, connected the HDD and tried booting but no improvement.

I believe that that way of error checking is not very effective and the better method is via the command prompt so I opened cmd , then entered ( chkdsk driveletter: / r ) then it found many errors in the MFT and volume Bitmap (I am attaching a file containing the result). It corrected the errors.

I removed the HDD and connected it, and WOW the option to enter BIOS via F2 and boot sequence via F12 returned as a bottom line, and I could enter BIOS setup.

As I mentioned before my laptop doesn’t have UEFI as I entered the BIOS setup and didn’t find the Secure boot option.

I make the boot sequence DVD > then USB > then HDD.

I loaded Kaspersky Rescue Disk from a USB and did basic scan on just the start up items and memory it didn’t find anything.

Still windows refuse to load normally.

But I could boot successfully from live CDs like Hiren’s boot and checked the memory, it was ok.

- I burnt a new DVD of windows 8 as the one I have may be slightly scratched so the lap couldn’t from it.

- And finally I could boot from the windows 8 DVD, and tried to fix the start up> it failed.

- I tried to do system restore > failed

- I tried Refresh system > failed

- I tried Reset system > failed

So I decided to install a fresh copy of the windows.

And yes I could boot and went through installing a fresh copy of Windows 8 after FORMATTING C drive. And it went very well.

Now the windows is working very well. And I am performing another ( CHKDSK c: /r ) to make sure of the HDD.

It has finished with no errors detected and 0 KB in Bad sectors, Thanks God.

And till now everything seems very well..

Thanks again very much for every one tried to help me.

Attachments

• Result of first CHKDSK detecting problems.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 1
Back