TechSpot

My USB configuration is a complete mess. Can anybody help????

By Lovepeaceguru
Jan 21, 2006
  1. run XP Home SP2 on a Asus P5GD1-VM motherboard, P4 3.4GHz, 4GB RAM.

There are six USB ports, two on the front of the system unit, four at the back. I always understood that these were all USB 2.0.

I have just imnstalled a powered USB hub with seven ports. It is plugged into one of the ports at the back of the machine.

I am trying to run the following USB devices:

A powered hub with seven USB ports - no name but M.N: UH-7CY1S
    Cinergy T USB XS - a DVB tuner
    Oki C5450n laser printer
    Sony DRX-810UL external DVD writer
    Canon MP800 ink jet printer
    Logitech QuickCam Fusion
    Logitech Bluetooth hub connecting cordless mouse/keyboard

Occasionally I also want to use:

Another Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse sender
    A different webcam
    A Brother printer
    A USB flash drive

SInce installing the powered hub my system has been hanging. If I boot up with the hub powered then my system hangs right at the beginning on "initializing USB controllers". If I plug it in after boot then I get all sorts of USB devoce not recognised One of teh USB devices has malfubctiuoined errosr.

I downloaded USBInfo but haven't registered it yet. It shows me that I have 1.1 controllers and 2.0 controllers and I am completely confused about what is where and how I should reconnect. Obviously I want everything on 2.0.

Then I keep on getting error messages but when I run USBReady it says everything is perfect!!!!

Can anybody help. SHall I just uninstall everything and start again? If so some guidance would be appreciated.

If someone wants to talk me through it I will of course pay for teh phone call. Just reply with your number and I'll call you.

I'm trying to attach files which show screenshots.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.