My USB configuration is a complete mess. Can anybody help????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovepeaceguru

run XP Home SP2 on a Asus P5GD1-VM motherboard, P4 3.4GHz, 4GB RAM.

There are six USB ports, two on the front of the system unit, four at the back. I always understood that these were all USB 2.0.

I have just imnstalled a powered USB hub with seven ports. It is plugged into one of the ports at the back of the machine.

I am trying to run the following USB devices:

A powered hub with seven USB ports - no name but M.N: UH-7CY1S
Cinergy T USB XS - a DVB tuner
Oki C5450n laser printer
Sony DRX-810UL external DVD writer
Canon MP800 ink jet printer
Logitech QuickCam Fusion
Logitech Bluetooth hub connecting cordless mouse/keyboard

Occasionally I also want to use:

Another Logitech wireless keyboard/mouse sender
A different webcam
A Brother printer
A USB flash drive

SInce installing the powered hub my system has been hanging. If I boot up with the hub powered then my system hangs right at the beginning on "initializing USB controllers". If I plug it in after boot then I get all sorts of USB devoce not recognised One of teh USB devices has malfubctiuoined errosr.

I downloaded USBInfo but haven't registered it yet. It shows me that I have 1.1 controllers and 2.0 controllers and I am completely confused about what is where and how I should reconnect. Obviously I want everything on 2.0.

Then I keep on getting error messages but when I run USBReady it says everything is perfect!!!!

Can anybody help. SHall I just uninstall everything and start again? If so some guidance would be appreciated.

If someone wants to talk me through it I will of course pay for teh phone call. Just reply with your number and I'll call you.

I'm trying to attach files which show screenshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back