My username says it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently purchased a Dell Inspirion B130. A guy was moving and needed the extra $. I was shown the laptop when he was already logged on. He wrote down the password exactly the way it was to be entered. When I finally decide to check out the laptop a few days later I'm unable to log on nor even attempt safe mode. I get a white screen asking for the administrator password. I got the transfer of ownership taken care of through dell but can't get support cause the original warranty expired. I tried <ctrl> and F11, pressing F8 2 to 3 times during the boot screen. I'm not to comfortable with taking my laptop apart but if necessary I will. Can someone help me?
Service Tag: 7P35R91

Hello Burntoutof$300 and welcome to Techspot

hope you enjoy your stay with us.

You need try somehow to contact the guy you brought it from.

Did you have an xp disk with this?

Regards Jase

P-W invalid = Nice Door Stopper

The guy told me if I still having pswrd trouble with the laptop(Dell Inspirion B130) he sold me. He would call me as soon as he gets a phone line established in his new home. It's been nearly 2 1/2 weeks now and I'm beginning to believe he may not call anymore. But there is some glimmer of hope he'll call eventually. Until that time comes, I stuck with a really nice looking door stopper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back