My Windows 10 PC can't find any wi-fi networks

Speck13

Hello,

I recently upgraded my Dell Studio XPS 435T/9000 to Windows 10. I've also recently moved to a new location and do not have internet as of right now (complications with ISPs). I do, however, have access to an Xfinity tower nearby. I've also called Xfinity and confirmed the devices I will be using on their tower network. I can connect to the tower on my Macbook Pro 13-inch and iPhone 5s, but am unable to even find the network on my Dell PC....

The network, which is named 'xfinitywifi' does not even show up in the list of available wi-fi networks in the area. It does find a few networks, so it does appear to be working overall. Anyone have any ideas with what the problem could be here? Is my NIC that crappy? Or is there a Windows 10 setting that needs to be modified?

Also, the connection to the 'xfinitywifi' network on my iPhone and Macbook are pretty shotty anyway. Is there a way to enhance, improve, or strengthen a wi-fi signal in general; perhaps a device I can purchase and plug into my XPS or Mac or an App to download? Bear in mind, my current setup does NOT have a primary router setup. I am only connecting via wireless to an xfinity wi-fi tower network. Hopefully there will be some solutions to my current problem. Thank you in advance for your time and effort.

Sincerely,
Speck

What kind of wireless card do you have in it? Most Desktops don't come with one , You said you upgraded to Windows 10. From the Dell website
"Product Studio XPS 435T / 9000 not tested for Windows 10 upgrade
Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected"

Back