MYOB Custom Invoices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been given the unenviable task of figuring out MYOB software (MYOB Plus ver. 12) for a friend of mine who uses it for his business. Granted I’m a graphics guy so maybe it’s me, but I find MYOB and its documentation very confusing. He wants to do a custom invoice with some additional information not included in the stock template. MYOB allows me to customize an invoice in the “Print Invoices” selection but I can’t seem to get that customized invoice to appear as the blank when I am preparing a new invoice. Any help would be greatly appreciated

pixpicker said:
MYOB allows me to customize an invoice in the “Print Invoices” selection but I can’t seem to get that customized invoice to appear as the blank when I am preparing a new invoice. Any help would be greatly appreciated
It doesn't show in new invoice; that's where the data entry takes place.
Select Sales, Print Invoice, set the invoice type (sales, item, service), and
then the radio button for Custom Invoice.
Select the invoice(s) to be printed and click print.

I'm WAY back level on MYOB, but the concepts are similar ...

Thanks. I found out you cannot add data fields to an invoice but you can customize the printed form to have additional information. I assume you can only add this information when you print it and not when you generate the original, so it requires a double entry. Seems kind of lame and unintuitive and certainly not user friendly. Can anyone recommend an accounting software that does allow you to customize your invoice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back