'Myst' creator takes to Kickstarter to fund spiritual successor Obduction

By Shawn Knight
Nov 1, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. It’s been two decades since Myst, one of the best-selling games of all time, was first released on the PC. The franchise received multiple sequels over the years but nothing ever came close to being as successful as the original....

Read more
  2. wiyosaya

wiyosaya TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 169   +18

Chris Roberts, of Wing Commander fame, is doing the same thing with a new space game. His reason is that no one would back him, Gladly, I got in on that. More power to these people and crowd funding. As I see it, it brings the voice of PC gaming back to the gamers - not that there are no good PC games these days, just this means has a lot of potential to bring more variety back to PC games.

Now, all we need is for someone to revive "Links" as a crowd-funded game. :)
  3. CraigJ

CraigJ Newcomer, in training

Can't wait for Obduction. When I found out about it I backed it immediately. The 2nd thing I did is purchase Myst for my iPad to relive the experience. The graphics are outdated, but still, the artistry of the game is astounding 20 years later...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.