Mysterious "keys" txt. file is recording everything I do...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently I came across a mysterious txt. document in my sytem32 file labeled "keys". To my horror, it contained a detailed list containing every action I had performed on my computer and the time I performed the action for the past month. I ran a deep-system scan using NOD 32 to find the culprit behind this, but nothing came up. I do use file sharing programs, but NOD 32 scans every file I download, and has displayed warnings in the past to alert me. When I deleted the txt. file, and minimized the recycling bin window, the file re-appeared, listing what I had just done. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, since I currently don't have the computer "knowledge" to really deal with this problem, and want to keep my personal information "personal"...

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system has a keylogger. Whether this has been deliberately installed or not, remains to be seen.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Tyquasia111 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back