Mysterious problem with Specific Counter Log of Win XP...

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklogus

Hi all!
For the last 2 months, I became accustomed to measure the performance of my PC using the LOG COUNTERS of Win XP.

One of the items that I like to check up is the Usage of Physical Memory (this utility inside Win XP is excellent, because it generate a log file with the informations we need). Well, my problem began last week, when, suddenly, with no apparent reason, It disappeared and I could no more to measure it.

It's difficult to explain, but, for who got used to handle these "log counters" that I said, perhaps it would be easier to understand me: Into My Computer icon - Management - System Tools - inside Logs and Performance Alerts, there is one item called Counter Logs. Inside it, we can create new Logs Configs, and we can choose the item that we want to check up (by option "adding counters"). So, there is one list of Objects of Performance, where you can choose what item you want to control. But my item called MEMORY disappeared! This item is (WAS) between Logical Disk and Navigator...

Anyway, it seems very strange, because looks like this specific item is missing... I can conclude that it is a software issue (into Win XP), because everything is running fine here. I tried the RESTORE POINT, but, no success...

So, my question is: How (if possible) can I to add this item (MEMORY) to this list (OBJECTS OF PERFORMANCE), again??...

My PC basic spec is:
- Processor: P4 2.8 533 MHz
- MoBo: Asus P4SDX
- RAM: 1.024 MB DDR 333 (Kingston Value Ram) - 04 sticks of 256 MB each one.
- Gigabyte Radeon 9600 XT
- 02 HDDs: 01 Maxtor 120 GB, 7200 rpm, ATA-133 + 01 Seagate 40 GB, 7200 rpm, ATA-100

Any information/HELP would be very appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back