Mystic drives after running pc for a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

ungua

See attachment: I don't have a floppy drive at all, bios and ms w98b DO KNOW that. when I use the machine for a while, two new drives appear.

regards
ungua

Attachments

• techspot.gif
    techspot.gif
    4.1 KB · Views: 19
The drive icons look weird.. Perhaps they are created by some application. What do the drive properties say? Do you see the drives in Device Manager?

Just a bug, if you refresh the view when 'ungua' is selected, W-drives disappear.

5.25" floppy drive is another thing, if you've disabled fdd controller or removed drives from BIOS, that's what you get. Thank Microsoft for their awesome programming logic.

There are some registry tweakers that can hide drives too.

@mic..., refreshing doesn't work, unfortunately. device manager doesn't show anything. after all, it's not a problem. just... stupid... ;)

merry x-mas & so on...
ungua

i recall having that exact problem, i believe while running windows ME. unfortunately i can't remember if i did anything to fix it... sorry. i will try to remember back that far.

actually a lot of people still love 98 SE. me i went to ME for a bit, but hated it, luckily XP came along.

Why not right-click and view the drive properties. Maybe something interesting (i.e. a clue) will be found.

Yeah like Mic said, go into your BIOS and make sure you have Drive A :Not Installed...also make sure you disabled the FDD controller....

Here are the properties. everything else is like it should be, too.
I also like w98, although it's filled to the top with bugs I get the impression that I still can do something with it. I was administrating the network in school when I was still pupil for two years ago - xp wasn't fine, didn't like it. same for all the other os... just ms-dos is still my favourite because it's not supposed to do some bull you didn't ask for... :D

regards
ungua

Attachments

• properties.gif
    properties.gif
    5 KB · Views: 8
funnily, now the extra drives disappear after hitting f5, but coming back within seconds... :rolleyes:

merry x-mas
ungua

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back