Navcancl.htm Internet Explorer help (log)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. When I start up Internet Explorer I get this error message when the page doesn't load (C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/navcancl.htm)

I can still connect to the internet and browse via Firefox, but I'd like it if my Internet Explorer was working and I think it might be because a virus or something. I've attached the hijackthis log if anyone would be willing to take a look at it and tell me what's wrong.

Thanks.

Go to add/remove programs and uninstall (if there) WhenUsave

Open HijackThis and select do a system scan only then place a check mark next to:

O2 - BHO: WhenUSearch Helper - {BA2325ED-F9EB-4830-8FCE-0BC35B16969B} - C:\Program Files\WhenUSearch\search.dll

Close all windows and click Fix checked

----------

Download ViewpointKiller

* Unzip the program and all of the contents of ViewpointKiller.zip to a location such as your desktop.
* Double click the ViewpointKiller icon to run ViewpointKiller.exe. Select the "File" menu, and select "Check to see if you have Viewpoint installed".
* If ViewpointKiller indicates that any of the Viewpoint variants are installed, select the proper "Kill" option in the File menu.

Follow the prompts and instructions very carefully, answering "Yes" or "No" depending on which option you are most comfortable with. The MsConfig instructions are very important, so be sure to read them carefully.

Note: When done with ViewpointKiller, simply right click and delete all files that were unzipped.

----------

For the C:\WINDOWS\system32\shdoclc.dll/navcancl.htm error follow this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/221085

----------

If you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HijackThis (HJT), Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.
We also need to know the result of Panda Antirootkit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back