TechSpot

Navigation canceled but goes to page

By annette
Apr 15, 2006
  1. This is the message I get every time I try to go to a new page after clicking the link in Internet Explorer. I never got this message until I downloaded the new Yahoo! toolbar.

res://c:\windows\system32\shdoclc.dll/navcancl.htm

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it??

Thanks,

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

There`s a possibility your browser has been hijacked.

Go HERE and follow all the instructions exactly.

Post a fresh HJT log, after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. annette

annette TS Rookie Topic Starter

New HJT log

I hope I'm putting this in the correct location. Thanks

Right location, wrong format. As a txt attachment in future, if you would :) - Spike

4. howard_hopkinso

Boot into safe mode. See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Go to add remove programme in your control panel and uninstall the following(if there).

aol toolbar
    aol toolbar 3.0

Close control panel.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

APD123.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = localhost:8082 Only fix this if you don`t know what it is, or you have not set this yourself.

R3 - URLSearchHook: AOLTBSearch Class - {EA756889-2338-43DB-8F07-D1CA6FB9C90D} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 3.0\aoltb.dll

O2 - BHO: AOL Toolbar Launcher - {7C554162-8CB7-45A4-B8F4-8EA1C75885F9} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 3.0\aoltb.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)

O3 - Toolbar: AOL Toolbar - {DE9C389F-3316-41A7-809B-AA305ED9D922} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 3.0\aoltb.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [APD123] C:\WINDOWS\System32\APD123.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar Search - c:\program files\aol\aol toolbar 3.0\resources\en-US\local\search.html

O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {3369AF0D-62E9-4bda-8103-B4C75499B578} - C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 3.0\aoltb.dll

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)

Fix all 016-DPF entries.

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files(if there).

C:\Program Files\AOL\AOL Toolbar 3.0\aoltb.dll

C:\WINDOWS\System32\APD123.exe

c:\program files\aol\aol toolbar 3.0\resources\en-US\local\search.html

Reboot into normal mode and turn system restore back on.

Regards Howard :)

5. annette

annette TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you

My computer is fixed for now. Thanks for all your help!

6. howard_hopkinso

That`s good news.

Thanks for letting us know.

Regards Howard :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.