TechSpot

Nearly 40 percent of the world's population will be online by the end of the year

By Shawn Knight
May 7, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Around 40 percent of the world's population will be online by the end of this year. Two-thirds of the nearly 3 billion Internet users will be from the developing world with mobile broadband penetration coming in at roughly 32 percent...

Read more

2. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Maniac Posts: 1,173   +243

Facebook will probably have something to do with this.... along with google...

3. insect

insect TS Booster Posts: 214   +55

When did Europe become a nation?

4. VitalyT

VitalyT TS Evangelist Posts: 1,928   +569

From the way it is spreading in some places, you would think that the need for food and fresh water is highly overrated...

And then there is Hong Kong, as the epicentre.

5. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,430   +554

If the timestamp on the article is accurate, about two hours ago (give or take a few minutes). No word yet from the AP.

Lord Enem likes this.
  6. tonylukac

tonylukac TS Maniac Posts: 913   +22

I believe it because my 80 year old mother went online this year. Found and asus computer in the trash and rebuilt it; her own computer.

7. Moxiy

Moxiy TS Rookie Posts: 34

I wanna see what impact that Google's project loon and other such projects will have on this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.