NEC Multisync 95 Monitor...PLEASE HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a NEC MultiSync95 Monitor, it's about 4 yrs old. About a week ago, the screen went black on me. I thought maybe the inside of my tower might need cleaning, so I cleaned all the dust out-from the fans too. The monitor then worked fine until the next day. It went black again. This time I played with the wires and it worked. The next day, black again. I know my puter is working, all the usual sounds when starting up, but the monitor stays black. Sometimes, when I turn the monitor on, it makes a clicking sound, like tick-tick-tick. I have tried another monitor, and it works fine. To get the NEC monitor working now, I have to unplug it(i need the plugs for the other monitor) and after letting it sit for awhile, I will plug it back in, turn it on and then hit the screen with my hand. It will sometimes work after hitting it. But then eventually goes black again. I have changed the monitor settings so that it will not go into power-save mode, and yet it still goes black. Could someone please help me, and give me some suggestions as to why it is doing this?

Sounds like the flyback transformer is going out. These days, it's just better to buy a new monitor. You can pick up a new 19" CRT or LCD for around the $200 mark.

Repairing the monitor yourself isn't an option (in my opinion) if you haven't done it before and don't have proper guidance. It's dangerous and a lot of work and its going to cost a considerable amount of you take it to a professional as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back