TechSpot

NEC ND-1300A DVD+-RW Stopped Recognizing DVD Media

By mdunham
Apr 1, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello. My 1300a dvd burner has stopped recognizing dvd media. Windows 98 now sees this drive as cd-rom only. This drive has worked fine for nearly two years without a problem. The other day I tried making a copy of my kids' Dora The Explorer dvd. But having them run around me and bumping into me, I accidently started two instances of CloneDVD, versions 1398 and 2094. After that, the dvd drive got amnesia and no longer remembered how to read dvd media. I uninstalled both versions, physically disconnecting the drive from my pc, reinstalling Windows 98, and upgrading the 1300a's firmware -- still the problem persists. Ironically, the drive has no problems with cd media. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
  2. akhilles

akhilles TS Rookie Posts: 29

Could be the dvd laser len.

I have had a sony cd burner that stopped writing due to lack of power. Try yours in another PC.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.