Need a Better FTP App..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deviouz

ive been using ACE-FTP PRO as my primary app for FTP for a while now becuase it has this feature i like that lets you cut and paste files from your FTP server to your PC and once each file is downloaded to your PC it auto deletes it from the server( if you cut and paste)

but i've been having problems with it lately where it locks up and disconnects and deletes my files without me knowing and some other issues with multi threaded downloads crashing the app as well..

so i was wondering if anyone here knows of any good or better more stable FTP Apps that are similar to ACE-FTP PRO that have the cut and paste feature and the auto delete files once completey downloaded and multi threaded downloads..

thanks for anyones suggestions.

Nodsu said:
SmartFTP is full-featured and free for private use.

My exact recommendation.

I've been using that FTP client for some time, and have always been pleased with its reliability, range of features and professional look.

I've been using it for some time for my infrastructural IT work - uploading new program code to production servers, etc, and found it excellent for that. The smart resume feature is great for large .ear files that can take an age to upload to servers on (sometimes strange and distant) networks where the connection can sometimes fail during upload.

Your cut&paste use is dangerous, if that runs without backup!
You should first copy, and ONLY once the files have been successfully transferred, should you delete from source.
Any FTP-program can do the above.
As a simple alternative: consider Powerquest/VCom's Powerdesk Pro.
It's a dual-paned Windows Explorer replacement, which includes FTP-functions.
As it happens, it also supports your cut&paste. Been using it for years without ever losing a file (the program that is, NOT the c&p function!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back