need a driver to run this webcam

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was overseas recently and i brought a webcam, when they tested it @ the shops, it was as easy as plug and play, but ive brought it home and when i plug it in it just goes "USB Device"
it came with no disc, nothing
all i know is that it was made by ITPIO (www.itpio.com)
a direct link to the webcam on itpio.com Click Here

if there isnt a driver just for dat webcam, is there perhaps a generic driver for webcams? thanks

-james

Someone may have a better answer, but I would click on the "contact us" button on their website, and send them an email asking them to email you the driver. Shouldn't be to difficult for them to fire it off to you.

mmm i guess, but i have reason to believe the company is based in china, thus i dont think they can read english :S

Up to you of course. Yes, it is obvious it is a Chinese company, but that doesn't mean you can assume they don't speak English. Looks to me like they have a lot of English on their website as well.

But if you would rather not try and hope for the best then I wish you the best of luck. :grinthumb

ive emailed them and still yet 2 get a reply
does anyone know of any alternative methods i could try till i get a reply

thanks
-james

Found this in Google....

You could try (a bit of trial and error) the drivers which are on their website and see if they work. I know it is a longshot but it may be worth a try...

go a google search for ITPIO drivers and then click translate on the one which points to their site...

Hope it helps.

Hey..

One thing that has worked for me in the past is to go to hardware profiles.. find your camera.. (or is it add new hardware wizard??) ask windows to find drivers for this hardware.. let it look on the internet.. and if you are very.. very.. very lucky it may work..
Worked for me with a driverless soundcard once..

Hope this helps.. Good luck! :)

PS: Had a quick google for itpio drivers.. found this.. dont get too exited though its all chinese.. but i suppose it wouldent hurt to try downloading a few to see if they work??

Heres the link..
http://www.itpio.com/drivers.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back