Need a good backup program...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmy6800

Here is what I'm looking for. I have an external USB HD I use to backup (manually) and transfer large files/programs. I am looking for a program that I can run that will transfer files and directories I select off my local hard drive to my USB drive. I do not want to sync the files. I just want the files to transfer and if the file is there, it is overwritten and if not, it is just copied. I've searched around a little... haven't found exactly what I am looking for. I thought about writing my own program to do the aforementioned task, but it would be slicker to just DL a program that does this already. Anyone have any suggestions?

Ghost won't do what I want. It is great if I just wanted an image... but, that isn't what I want.

You misunderstand me, Norton Ghost can do backup, compressing, sync, or moving the file to external hard drive by File Transfer Wizards. Try it and find the answer from Norton Ghost.

Alrighty, I'll give it a whirl. I've only used ghost for imaging PCs... I think we have a copy here at work. Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back