Need a graphic card

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilaaron

Hi

I need a graphics card for my system, but i am not sure what will be compactable for my system.

Heres my system spec

Asrock P4VM890 Motherboard
550Watt Enermax PSU
Pent 4 3.2 Prescott CPU
1 GB Ram

Currently have onboard video, which is rubbish for gaming, i dont have lot of money so i was thinking about something like Asus ATI Radeon X1050 or the Asus ATI Radeon X1550 but i dont want to waste money and find out that they wont work, as i have already bought one and its not working and causes the system to not boot up its was a Connect 3D ATI Radeon X300

Thanks for any help!

Aaron

Decent board with Socket 478, DirectX 7 integrated VIA graphics, and a PCI-Express slot.
And PCI Express video card should work... but drivers can be a problem.
You have to disable the video graphics in the device manager, sometimes, when you install a new video graphics card. Then install new drivers using the disc that came with the card, or by downloading new drivers from the video graphics card manufacturer.

Because when i installed the card last time, the system wouldnt boot up i got no post, and the card is brand new.

You have to set the first video device as PCI in the bios, as well as disabling the on-board video

No, you can set the bios properly after the card is installed. If the card still doesn't work, boot into the safe mode by pressing F8 repeatedly before you see the Windows screen. Select VGA Mode and reboot. Have you connected a PCI-E power connector to the video card, if it has a power connector on it?

How would that be even possible when i cannot boot up with the card installed i dont get a bios when the card is installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back