TechSpot

Need A Network Diagram For 3 switch and One Router.

By sam_0056
Mar 5, 2007
  1. Hi All,

I am working in a small company.Now we need to establish a LAN connection,We have 3 switch (2 normal and 1 UPlink).40 PC and a router which is dirctly connected to the ISP.So for that i need a network diagram.Also i was face a problem that some system shows 10 mbps and other shows 100 mbs.The Auto Detect feature dose not work for some system.

Plz help the same.

2. gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook TS Rookie Posts: 528

In all reality a company with 40 PCs is not a SMALL company lol. Lets start simple. Some of the systems show 10MBPS due to the probability of OLD network cards. I would recommend there to go to compusa or something and just buy a bunch of the 5 dollar cheapies. As far as the network goes, you should really have someone go in and do Cable runs to wall plates. Have a patch panel in place so that all your cabling is in one place, instead of having hubs everywhere.

3. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 13,469   +327

take a look at Networkview -- it will autodiscover devices online within
    a subnet (eg x.y.z.1-254)

4. sam_0056

sam_0056 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Need A Network Diagram For 3 switch and One Router.

Hi ,

I was check the LAN cards and it is newer .But they are mix company.So what is the problem in it.
    Thanx jobeard really its a nice tool.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.