TechSpot

Need a new PC game!

By DonNagual
Aug 18, 2005
  1. Lately playing a lot of HL2, FarCry, Doom3, America's Army....

1st Person Shooters are getting old for me these days. Need a new game, and need one bad. Suggestions?

What are some MUST HAVE games?

To give you a sense of what I like, my all time favorite games are:

Half Life (1st one)
    Thief 1 and 2 (haven't tried Deadly Shadows)
    Age of Empires 2

2. C_Conqueror

C_Conqueror TS Rookie Posts: 140

Yeah same here I can't wait until Age of Empires III comes out but you should try Call of Duty or warcraft III. I guess battlefield 2 is soppose to be good too but I haven't had the chance to try it.

3. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,343   +6

You should give Battlefield 2 a try, even if you are tired of shooters. It's a great game, better than the original, even though it has a few bugs. As far as I'm concerned, it's a not to be missed game.

I don't know any games that are not shooters, that's all I play.

4. flashmonkey

flashmonkey TS Rookie Posts: 103

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

WoW

5. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Topic Starter Posts: 2,404

I downloaded the demo of BF2, and it does look awesome, but really I am just so tired of shooters right now. I need a good stategy or roll playing game or something I think.

Oh and yes, Age of Empires 3 does look like a not to miss game. Battle for Middle Earth 2 is also looking promising.

Flashmonkey, world of warcraft eh? I'll look for a demo to try it out.

6. Kev32

Kev32 TS Rookie Posts: 75

Rome: Total War is really good and with it's imminent expansion pack coming out it's going to be a real treat. San Andreas for the PC is currently my favourite PC game. If ya wanna give basic RPG a go download the whomping 1.4gb Dungeon siege 2 demo (I did and it's awesome). I agreethat Age of empires 3 is going to be mind blowing (the screenshots looks excellent!) and battle for middle earth 2 looks good. I just hope it's better than it's amateur prequel (twas very dissapointed with BFME). Apparently WoW is a real bore after you aquire level 40, it can also cause large drops in grade point average if your still in school :p. I'd say give Guild Wars a try, It's literally the same and is also free unlike WoW.

7. flashmonkey

flashmonkey TS Rookie Posts: 103

GTA: San Andreas is godlike. Give it a whirl if your parents let you, and make sure to patch up the hot coffee issue (unless you're into that stuff)

8. Mikael

Mikael TS Rookie Posts: 277

Dungeon Siege II will be released very shortly. You should be able to purchase the original Dungeon Siege from the bargain bin at most stores. If you are wanting a new FPS, Serious Sam 2 will also hopefully be upon us soon.

9. tomcrackers

tomcrackers TS Rookie

how about giving civilization III a try, since you enjoyed Age of Empires II this should suit you ok. Better yet, wait for the release of Civ. IV, can't wait!!

10. Dilmog

Dilmog TS Rookie Posts: 123

currently my favorite game is guild wars. i think that you should get it. and i like it better than world of warcraft not only for the gameplay, but because you dont have to pay that ugly 15 dollar monthly fee puke:

11. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

Prince of Persia: sands of time, Thief: deadly shadows (not as good as the first two of course), Chronicles of Riddick (it's an FPS though).

12. g.freeman

g.freeman TS Rookie Posts: 38

WoW is great ive been playing that non stop for about 5 months now ( still not lvl 60 either :p only 8 more lvls)

and warcraft iii is awesome its nothing like WoW but id say theyre just as fun, and u ahve to pay monthly for WoW where warcraft iii u dont

and if u like warcraft iii try warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War that is one spectacular game its cheesier than warcraft iii but its newer graphics r a lil better and its fun.

battlefield 2 is another great game but ur sick of shooters so im trying to throw as many non shooters at u... :p

starwars knights of the old republic 2 is another one i started, i havent finished cause it was fun but not THAT fun and i got WoW :D

thats pretty much all ive got for new non fps's

13. puncrawcboi92

puncrawcboi92 TS Rookie Posts: 49

a good game is rakion. I payed the beta, and it rocked. The beta closed, but it will be out for everyone in a few months ( thats what i have heard). This game is free, and is a lot more fun than some games that you have to spend $30 plus.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.