TechSpot

Need a Video card to run WoW

By GrumpyGamer
Nov 18, 2008
  1. Hello all,
    Been looking online for a few days now trying to find a video card I can get to run World of Warcraft expansion, Wrath of the Lich King. Current I have a old Radeon 9250, but I have to play WoW at low settings. I have a PCI express slot but my power supply is only 250w, +12v 14a. So I'm having a bit of trouble finding a new card. I would like to find something in the $100.00 range that will run WoW on medium settings at least.

If anyone has any suggestions, links, etc.. please let me know.
    Thanks!

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,987   +168

Did you find a video card?

3. IK00NI

IK00NI TS Rookie

4. golgorad

golgorad TS Rookie

My brother has recently bought a new graphics card for the expansion also he got the Geforce 7600 here some specs:

GPU/VPU: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS

RAMDAC: Dual 400 MHz

Pixel Pipelines: 12

Maximum Resolution: 2560 x 1600 (Digital)

Video Memory: 512MB

Memory Type: 128-bit
    GDDR2

Core Clock: 400 MHz

Memory Clock: 533 MHz

Interface Type: AGP

Interface Speed: 8X

Connector(s): DVI
    TV/S-Video
    VGA (15-Pin D-Sub)

runs as smoothly as a babies bottom im from the UK and it cost him just short of £55
    checked online for american price and its perfect for you as it is exactly $99.99
    Just google Nvidia GeForce 7600 and look around for it, is a very nice graphics card (and cheap imo)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.