Need advice for.qalkfxor.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedoca

Hello, I just got Vista Ultimate 64bit and some anti virus/spyware program installed, but somehow this qalkfxor.dll hit me today. I've used Adaware, Spybot, Superantispyware and Malwarebytes, deleted everything it found but everytime I restart the computer, an alert from superantispyware pop up indicates that qalkfxor.dll has been blocked. How'd get rid of some nasty like this one? Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Now the funny things is while utorrent is running (downloading), my IE 7 doesn't connect to any sites at all; no error page none of that. It's just a blank page indicating "connecting", like it's trying to get to a site but can't; not even when utorrent is shut down... However IE works fine after reboot but same thing happens once utorrent is running.

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.ncsx.com/
O3 - Toolbar: qalkfxor - {0A6469C6-BD05-46E3-8414-14F9F45B983F} - C:\Windows\qalkfxor.dll (file missing)
Fix those, and make sure you delete qulkfxor.dll
It is a BHO

See if that helps at all.

Thank you AurelloSoft! It looks like the BHO is gone, at least superantispyware is not poping that "blocked" message anymore; however the other issue with IE while utorrent is running still persists. Should I uninstall utorrent and install again? run combofix? what do you think? I've attached a fresh copy of my HJT.

Yea, go ahead and try uninstalling, and re-installing.
Make sure you completely un-install it.

Let me know how that goes for you.
If we need to, I can schedule a remote assistance session for you.

I've uninstall it and re-install with an older version, same thing happens. Meanwhile, I'll go to the utorrent forum and see if anyone is in the same situation. The bright side is that BHO is gone from my station, everything is clean now, thanks man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back