Need advice on computer upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Im new here. I just wanted to ask for some opinions on what I should do. Right now I'm looking to upgrade to a c2d system, only problem is the price will is little out of my budget. I've been looking around and found this mobo http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=18719&vpn=775Dual-VSTA&manufacture=ASRock and going to couple it with the e4300, this way I can save money on getting ddr2 ram by using the ram I currently have and slowly ease myself into it. I'm just wondering if this is a good idea, or should I just wait it out and upgrade everything at once?

Wait for a better board. The AsRock is a decent board, but it remains a budget home board... Tell us what you will be using this system to do...

Even if you are gaming, that board should be fine. I know the PCI-E is only X4, but that's still the same speed as AGP8X (~2GB/s) and even the X1950PRO isn't limited by the AGP bus at 2560x1600.

Excellent PSU choice! It should be more than enough for a DX10 card, as long as you don't use two 8800GTX's in SLI :)

Welcome to Techspot BTW! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back