TechSpot

Need advice on computer upgrade

By jnliten
Feb 24, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Im new here. I just wanted to ask for some opinions on what I should do. Right now I'm looking to upgrade to a c2d system, only problem is the price will is little out of my budget. I've been looking around and found this mobo http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=18719&vpn=775Dual-VSTA&manufacture=ASRock and going to couple it with the e4300, this way I can save money on getting ddr2 ram by using the ram I currently have and slowly ease myself into it. I'm just wondering if this is a good idea, or should I just wait it out and upgrade everything at once?
  2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Wait for a better board. The AsRock is a decent board, but it remains a budget home board... Tell us what you will be using this system to do...
  3. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,909

Even if you are gaming, that board should be fine. I know the PCI-E is only X4, but that's still the same speed as AGP8X (~2GB/s) and even the X1950PRO isn't limited by the AGP bus at 2560x1600.
  4. jnliten

jnliten TS Rookie Topic Starter

5. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

Excellent PSU choice! It should be more than enough for a DX10 card, as long as you don't use two 8800GTX's in SLI :)

Welcome to Techspot BTW! :wave:
  6. jnliten

jnliten TS Rookie Topic Starter

Cool thanks, I'm just going to go ahead and order the parts then. Thanks for all the help.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.