Need advice on improving fps

Guys I'm using this particular laptop and am running games like GTA 5, Dark Souls 3, Witcher 3 on it.

Lenovo Z5170
  • 5th Gen Intel® CoreTM i7-5500U Processor | 8 GB Memory
  • SSHD 1TB 9.5MM 5400RPM(8G) | Screen Size "15.6" FHD TN AG(SLIM)
  • AMD TROPO XT2 DDR3L 4G HD 720P WITH ARRAY MIC

When I put my graphics on high I get between 10-20 FPS depending on the game
    If I reduce the resolution to 1280x720 but keep my graphics on high, I get 24-30 FPS
    If I reduce graphics to low but keep it at at 1080p, I get about 20-24 FPS

I'm really steamed that I have 4 GB graphics card, 8 GB of RAM and a decent processor but still get terrible FPS. I put my system settings to performance and my amd graphics setting to high performance as well.

"Little background information about AMD Radeon R9 M375 (AMD TROPO XT2)

The AMD Radeon R9 M375 is a dedicated higher mid-range graphics card for laptops. It is still unclear if the M375 is based on a new chip (Tonga derivative with full DirectX 12 and Vulkan support) or the old Cape Verde chip from 2012. The core is clocked at relatively high 1015 MHz, however, the bottleneck may be the use of slow DDR3 graphics memory (128-bit)."
https://www.quora.com/Which-graphic...e-NVidia-940-M-2-GB-or-AMD-TROPO-XT2-DDR3L-4G

The DDR3 is likely cause as the bandwidth is half that of GDDR5, but there may be improvements from driver tweaks and lower resolution. It is Cape Verde 1st gen GNC (GNC now 4th gen) and consequently does not take full advantage of improvements found in DX12 and Vulkan.

Back