Need advice on Stop Error 0x50

By malabar86
Jan 24, 2007
  1. Hi my name is Eddie and Im new to this forum :giddy:. Im not a computer expert so please forgive me if I ask stupid questions or say stupid stuff :knock:.

Im using a Dell Dimension Desktop 2350 with Windows XP Home Edition. I've been currently having a problem with my computer, everytime I start it up a stop error 0x50 occurs page_fault_in_nonpaged_area before it boots to windows. This started happening after my brother was playing a game and it froze then he turned off the power.

I tried going to Safe Mode, Safe Mode with networking, Safe Mode with command prompt, and Last Known Good Configuration but the stop error keeps popping up.

So I called a dell technician and we did alot of troubleshooting, ressitting the memory to another memory slot, running the system diagnostic (everything passed no errors were found), we tried reinstalling and repairing windows (by booting through the CD ROM) but everytime I press Enter to start the reinstallation the same Stop error 0x50 pops up :eek:. The Dell technician diagnosed it to be a memory problem so I went a bought a new memory to replace the old one but the stop error keeps popping up :mad:.

I called the Dell technician again after it didnt work when i replaced the old memory and now hes saying that the problem might be the motherboard. Sorry for the long post but I was wondering if anyone had the same problem and that replacing the motherboard fixed it? Or is there another way to fix it without replacing the motherboard? Thank you in Advanced :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.