**Need advice quick if anyone is around!**

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamBlacky

I'm going to go buy THIS CARD in less than an hour,and I just noticed that under the system requirements at the bottom of the page,that it says it needs a 350 watt PSU...I just put a 300 watt in here ....will that be an immediate issue?

:confused:

Although it depends on the other devices you use and how much power they consume its not recommended to have a graphics card and not being able to supply enough power to it. Some things that you might experience will be random lockups or random restarts. A graphics card uses the most power in graphics heavy programs, games, etc.

I would think that you will be able to use the graphics card but you should think about a temporary fix to the problem, like upgrading your power supply.

Your graphics card and your CPU utilize the most wattage in your system.. They usually account for more than half of your total watt usage combined.

A GF4 4200 can be a demanding card, but I think you'll be safe depending on your current system. I looked at your system specs and I notice you are upgrading froma GF4MX, perhaps?

This, for example, will probably not cause any problems since you'll be removing your old one. The old GF4 probably consumes quite a bit of wattage by itself.

Cool.Thanks for the responses.I'm on the way out right now to get it..I'm just short on cash right now to get the CPU too...I want to make sure I'm not gonna harm anything by installing this card.

Thanks again!

I have a "250 watt" PSU (like 200w maxium out put tho). My GF4 Ti4200 works fine tho, I dont think you need to upgrade. My PSU is always generic :p I just dont see the point in spending $80 on a good 400w PSU when a generic 250 works just as good :D

YES YES YES UPGRADE IT! Otherwise you're putting your card in great danger, undervolting it is VERY bad. I've heard from many people who have had 300w PSUs or less, once it even killed a guy's Ti4200 (Agissi, that was todd!). I don't know what you're talking about agissi again, a good 400w or more PSU easily beats whatever you've got running, get a TTGI (great PSU!) 420, or maybe a PC Power and Cooling (best, expensive tho) 420 or what I have, Antec (best bang for the buck) TruePower 430w. Trust me on this one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back