Need advice regarding Crysis and the fact it needs to run with the disc

Leeky

As per title.

My Sony DVDRW drive isn't the quietest in the world, and I find it shocking that I must have the disc inserted to play the game! The noise of it during game play is now really beginning to cheese me off - Its spoiling my fun as I can't hear quiet sounds during play.

So I created a disc image using Nero, and then used my Virtual media mounter (MagicDisc) to mount the image, but it fails on startup of Crysis with an incompatibility error with the emulation software.

How do you guys get around the problem?

I'm currently burning a backup of this image anyway, so I don't wear out the disc or damage it during handling all the time, but I find it strange it must rely on having a disc inserted to play the game!

EDIT: It refuses to play the backup disc as well, saying I need to use the original disc, not a backup.

When playing Crysis, I haven't had the problem of the disk running during the game. It only seems to run at the beginning as if to authenticate the game and then it stops as far as I can tell.

Maybe its my Sony DVDRW drive then.

Its running in my DVD ROM drive now, which is much quieter, so I can't really tell if its been read or not thankfully.

I must invest in a quieter DVDRW. :D

The reason you can't run it off an image is because of the terrible DRM. In order to do that you'll have to "crack" the game which we won't be able to help you with since it can lead to copyright infringement but Google can just be aware of bad sites when searching.

However like Mail pointed out you shouldn't be running the game off the disc anyway, all the DRM does is run a disc check to make sure you actually own the game. After that its all coming from the HDD. If it helps any Crysis Warhead the expansion of Crysis doesn't have this issue.

Back