Need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyber

Hi sup guys...

I just Bought a laptop abt week ago nd its a intel core duo at 1.6 2mb l2 chase ... and 2gb ram... but i just saw another deal which would only cost a few more bucks...

its a intel core 2 duo at 2ghz at 4mb l2 chase with 1gb of ram every thing else is same as what i have now... is it worth it to pay $150 - 200 more for that... or should i just stay with what i have?... oh and will the new processor cover for the 1 gb ram extra ram i had b4...

Intel Core Duo 1.6 ; 533 Mhz ; 2mb L2 Chase (2050)
2gb DDR2 Ram...

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz ; 667 Mhz ; 4mb L2 Chase (2700)
1gb DDR2 Ram...

Thans in advence

Well

Pound for pound the core 2 duo is a much faster chip than core duo from what i have read in posts and reviews. The core duo i heard dogs in most platforms. So in my opinion it is worth $150 more.

As for RAM 2 gig is 2 gig 1 gig is 1 gig.... But unless your doing some serious gaming on this thing i wouldnt worry about 2 gig. You can always slap more in later down the road.

Overall the performance with the core 2 duo will probably surpass the the core duo system by a lot, even with with a gig less memory.

Personally, I would go with the second deal becuase you'll get a nice performance boost. As for the ram, you can always upgrade it, although the cpu is not very easy to replace like ram (as stated above). The only person who would notice a huge difference are heavy gamers, and power users. 1gb of ram is the recommended anyway, so you are in a green zone, not red.

Edit:
Cyber said:
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz ; 667 Mhz ; 4mb L2 Chase (2700)
1gb DDR2 Ram...
Do you mean L2 Cache?

JimShady23 said:
But unless your doing some serious gaming on this thing i wouldnt worry about 2 gig
That also applies not only for gaming.. media editing (audio, video, pictures) also benifit the ram boost at some point in time, but for general everyday use (word, web, watching [movies] and music) there is realy nothing much of it...

and similar applies to CPU, although in that respect, CPU (being if you select the better one) does futureproof yourself a extra few months/years in comparison to the lower model (in terms of becomeing obsolete).. Its all about money these days..

Which brings me to my question: what is the primary and secondary use/planning to use this laptop for?

Thank for all the replies....

I already have the laptop... but i want to replace it with the other one... and i am / will be using it for graphic designing (photoshop)... video editing (pinnacle studio)... flash... dreamweaver... mostly media stuff and Multitasking... so do u think that the 1 GB of that i might get... give me lower performance than what i am getting now... or will the intel core 2 duo cover loss of perfomance from 2gb to one gb...

thanks again

Cyber

Well 1GB of ram should still be enough, so i agree with the rest of the guys here in saying get the higher Core if you have the cash reserves.. Ram is always upgradable, CPUs arn't (unless you OC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back