Need advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saibokas

Hello, im considering buying a new video card, but my pc has integrated video card. Some say "if it's in your motherboard you're stuck with it", well would the new video card work if i would buy it or not.

Ok Thank You,

1. Motherboard - MSI, Albacore 1.0
2. Graphic interface - blank
3. Memory - DDR, Single 1024Mbytes
4. CPU - ADM Athlon 64 3400+
5. Stays at 900MHz goes u to 2200MHz
6.- Can't open it now g2g =)
7.- Can't open it now g2g =)

Chipset ATI Xpress 200(RS480) (worst video card i ever seen =))
I would want a video card in a range of 100$ something like:nVIDIA 7600GT 256MB 7600 GT DDR3 PCI-E Video Card

Thanx,
Darius

Im guessing this is a pre-built system? because most pre-built systems don'thave a very well known motherboard

regards Jase

What's the brand, make and model of the computer . That way, we can at least try to look up the specs on the manufacturer's website and try to narrow down exactly what options you have. If the board doesn't support AGP or PCI-e, then the only other option you would have is to purchase a straight PCI graphics card, providing the board has an open slot available.

I would go to circutcity and tell them the type of computer you have and then they might be able to find a better and compatible video card for you =)

About 2 years old, but not older. Well i had 1 pc it's like 6 years old i bought one video card, i think it was 128Mb GeForce Fx 5500 and it worked fine, I didn't even ask any1 if that would work, that guy said any card would work...

i would guess that your laptop takes pci-e but thats a guess.. you have a very unknown mobo

Regards Jase

The model number can be found in either of two places:

Somewhere on the front of the case is the model number embossed right into the case.

On the back (or the bottom, depending on the model and plant it was manufactured at) is a label with the model number, tag number and so forth.

This will give us a clue that can tell us which model to look up. The motherboard may not be listed or it may be an HP in-house board, but it should give us the info on pci-e, agp or pci slots available.

a pci-e slot is the slot where your graphics card goes..

Right, open your case and in or near the centre of the mobo it should have a few numbers which is a model number, or if you have your motherboard disk look at that then give me the full name.. like m9 is an asus p5vd2-Mx Se

Regards Jase

well if you have that slot above you can get a good graphics card that supports pci-e..

I could search for a card for you, but i need to know what you prefer ati or nividia?

And don't forget there is different graphic card slots (e.g. Pci,Pci-e, and agp (accelerated graphics port)

Regards Jase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back