Need antivirus for Intel celeron processor and Comodo firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi - I have a Dell computer with an Intel Celeron processor, 128MB of RAM and the processor has 996Hz. I downloaded a Comodo firewall and now I need anti-virus(preferably free) and spyware(preferably free). I have been looking at the system requirements for AVG, Avast and Comodo anti virus and they all say that you need an Intel Pentium processor(or equivalent). Can I get any of these anit virus software with an Intel Celeron processor or not? What anti virus or spyware can I get with an Intel Celeron processor? I can't afford to get a new processor at this point. Also is there any registry cleaner that you can download for free that will scan and clean your computer? One more thing, do you recommend more than one spyware program for a computer?

AVG should do you fine, for spyware you could try Spybot or Adaware, Ccleaner should sort out your registry and clean up your hard drive.

You don't tell us what OS you are running - the firewall in XP and Vista is good enough for most standalone machines. That and AVG Free edition plus anti spy software should be enough, It is generally not a good idea to have more than one of the specific filters running, so only one antivirus, one firewall, etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back