TechSpot

Need assistance, possible HDD crash!

By TMSKILZ
Dec 3, 2005
  1. Hi,

Weirdest thing happened a few moments ago.

I usually keep my PC running 24/7, but the other night I decided to shut it down & allow it to rest.

Well I get home a short while ago today, power up my PC & I hear this loud noise coming from inside my PC, didn't sound good, so I reset the PC, the noise reappears again, so this time I decie to shut the PC down & take a look inside, thinking it was a possible loose cable hitting up against the CPU fan or case fans.

Checked & everything looked fine, powered back up & my PC wont go past the bootup screen. Just stays stuck there. I use BIOSTAR Mobo, & the PC stays stuck on the BIOSTAR logo screen, no post or anything, can't even get into the BIOS settings.

Has my HDD crashed? I checked the power source & connections on my PC, everything else powers on & seems working. Is it something else? If anyone has suggestions as to the possible problem I'd be grateful, never came across this problem before. I tried calling up Seagate Tech Support, but they're closed on wkends. I'm using a laptop to logon & post.

Thanks in advance.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.