Need assistance with Google redirect

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done all 8 required steps before posting and have also run the ESET Online Scanner which came up with nothing. Problem with re-directing seems to be isolated to only Google searches within Firefox. Thanks for your help. Logs are attached.

Attachments

• mbam-log-2010-01-03 (19-15-00).txt
    819 bytes · Views: 4
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 01-03-2010 - 19-34-44.log
    465 bytes · Views: 3
  • hijackthis.log
    11.8 KB · Views: 5
No solution?

If nobody has replied to my msg. does this mean that nothing is found in my logs or should I assume that nobody has had time yet to look?!?

Hi,

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctl3ddbgfx] rundll32.exe "C:\Users\Janny\AppData\Local\ctl3ddbgfx\ctl3ddbgfx.dll", DllInit

check it than fix with hijachthis

PS:here are steps to follow

Step1: Please download XDelBox from Here to your Desktop

XDelBox is an awesomely impressive freeware antimalware tool.

Step 2:Close any open browsers. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of XDelBox

Step 3:Run XDelBox.exe with a simple click "Start Scan"

setp4:Reply with scan result log using right mouse click on the result list box "export log "

Results

I fixed the 04 entry as suggested with hijack. Google was still re-directing after this.

I downloaded XDelBox from your provided link and closed all open browsers and disabled all anti-virus programs, etc. When I tried to run it (as administrator) I got an error, "Could not convert variant of type (Null) into type (String). I clicked OK and was able to run a scan anyways. No threats were found. Log is attached.

Attachments

• XDelBox Log.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 3
o,you are using 64bit system

**Note: In the event you already have Combofix, this is a new version that I need you to download. It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

download link

Please, never rename Combofix unless instructed.
Close any open browsers.
Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.

reply with combofix log please

64-Bit and Windows 7

This version of Combofix will not work. I have Windows 7 and it is a 64-bit system as you said.

Error Win 32only: "Incompatible OS. ComboFix only works for workstations with Windows 2000 and XP".

Thanks for your help - should have mentioned my OS at the start. Does this mean I am out of luck? Also am now receiving an error everytime that Firefox tries to update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back