Need Assistance

By XminimikeX
Nov 17, 2004
  1. My name is Michael Tibbetts and i am 15 years old. I have been into computers for a while, mostly gaming, but i don't know that much about the parts of a pc and what they do. If anyone could explain the basics of a pc or have any suggestions on how to learn i would really appreciate it. If you would rather e-mail me my address is Mikey_t07 AT yahoo dot com

- Email link edited
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello Michael and welcome to Techspot.

If you use the search facility at the top of the page you will find threads on almost every subject to do with pcs I`m sure you will find them very interesting and informative.

Good luck and Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. Shiney

Shiney TS Booster Posts: 157

Hi michael and welcome to techspot,

One of the best places to look for info on parts of a pc are the pc magazine websites, many of which have articles on how to build and upgrade a pc.
    Just read a few of these and you will soon get to know all about the parts inside a pc.
    Then when you know, you can get to grips with getting all the parts working properley, thats where this site will be of a big help to you.:)

Good Luck
  4. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

Tips for builders is a good thread you might want to read, although maybe once you've understood the basic knowledge of PC components. is a also a good knowledge source.
  5. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

How stuff works is an awesome site. I think I could read and search around there for days at a time and not get bored. But that is just my inquisitive mind working.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.