TechSpot

need card advice

By crazdude
May 14, 2006
  1. ok what is a good video card that i can get for under 200-250 bucks (200 preferable) is there any good geforece 6800 in that price range that i could get? my motherboard is an A8AE-LE, and also i live in Canada so its gotta be from tigerdirect.ca

2. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,404

3. crazdude

crazdude TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 183

that is a pretty kick *** card for the price, and out performs the 6800 indeed, something in that price range is what im looking for. my prob is the power supply tho, what psu wud handle a card like that and be satisfying? and that wudnt be expensive

4. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,404

Something like this should suit your system well:

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=7565&vpn=EG365P-VE(FMA)&manufacture=ENERMAX

It is a 350w psu, which is probably the MINIMUM you are going to want. I am assuming you are on a very tight budget, which is why I linked you to this PSU. It has 26amps on the 12v rail, which is adequate for your needs.

Really though, you should get yourself something over 400w.

I can't find any good psus on the tigerdirect site. VERY poor PSU selection being offered.

5. crazdude

what about cards on the ATI side that are as good as that 7600 and good price?

6. CrossFire851

CrossFire851 TS Rookie Posts: 766

I would think anything in the 1k series comparable (or better).

7. crazdude

is the 7600 like between the 6800 and 7800? and any ati cards?

8. crazdude

also would that 7600 be able to handle some of the latest games out?

9. paranoid guy

paranoid guy TS Rookie Posts: 420

Yup, providing the rest of your system is up to scratch and you have a good enough psu. What are you trying to play? It'd run oblivion, anyway...

10. crazdude

meh moslty games like cod2, hl2 css dods rome total war, lol, meh anything fun, i dont mind of course having to lower some settings in order to get good fps,m its about the fun u have playin not the eye candy for me, lol

11. CrossFire851

CrossFire851 TS Rookie Posts: 766

Well the 7600 could be put at highiest settings for those games and still get outstanding fps.

12. crazdude

thats pretty good to know, lol.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.