Need CD/DVD "Introduction"

By hewybo
Dec 22, 2005
  1. I just finished converting a cassette to CD, using Magix on CD and DVD. I have used it to convert many tapes, all without a hitch. This time, however, as soon as it finished burning the CD, an error message popped up saying "your CD is not recognized."
    I immediately went to device manager, and, sure enough, my NEC DVD RW DL ND-3540A, and my ASUS CRW-4832AS had yellow exclamations. Checking properties for each, it said "Windows has loaded the correct drivers for this device, but cannot locate the device."
    I have checked the power cables, checked, and even replaced, the IDE cable with a new one, but there is no change.
    Windows problem? Anyone know? I'm stumped, and I NEED those drives! Please help, if you can. Thanks :eek:
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Try uninstalling the drives from device manager. Reboot your computer, and let Windows redetect them.

Regards Howard :)
  3. hewybo

hewybo TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 435

Thank you, sir

I should have known to try this, I guess, but my first impulse is always to panic. The curse of the newbie. Of course, it worked immediately. Any idea if the above mentioned program may have had any influence on this? I got it cheap, but it has served me well. I can't think of anything in it that would cause this. You?

DonNagual has called you the nicest man he's known- and I second. Many thanks, Mr. hopkinso- and a Happy Christmas to you! :grinthumb :wave:
  4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

I don`t know if the programme caused the problem or not. It could just be that the drivers became corrupted for whatever reason. These types of glitches do occur from time to time.

Glad your problem is resolved.

A happy Christmas to you too.

Regards Howard [​IMG]
  5. hewybo

For any future viewers of this thread-
    It turns out that my registry had been corrupted somehow. Don't know if it was the program (Magix on CD DVD) or not, but there was an easy fix at Microsoft- type in error code 19, and follow instructions.
    Thanks again, Howard. :)
  6. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

If MS provided the solution then it was their own fault most likely :p
  7. hewybo

Come, now, Nodsu- M$ and Father Bill wouldn't allow slippery registry items to reach the general public, would they? After all, He's Time's Man of the Year! :suspiciou
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.