TechSpot

Need CPU, Mobo and Ram

By h_pavon
Aug 29, 2007
  1. I'm trying to build a cpu from scratch for my son, I need something to pair up with a Sata Hard Drive and a 7800gt 256mb DDR3 video card. I can spend exactly 200 US$ and need some recomendations, the PC will be used for gaming and was thinking of 2gb ram 800fsb which is around $80 which leaves me with 120 dolla for cpu and mobo. Im planing on going with AMD CPU but I still need a good, powerfull and cheap mobo... what are your recommendations?

10x in advance!

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 21,067   +169

You are in Central America? If you had $400 you might have better luck with this task... Check around locally. Someone might have a complete system available for your $200, that you can part-out

3. h_pavon

h_pavon TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 91

Yes I am in Honduras, Central America but I get all my PC needs from newegg, frys, tigerdirect. I have 3 brothers in the US or I can have them shipped here, thats no problem.

I was planning on spending 70-80 US$ on 2gb 800fsb ram, an AMD 64 X2 for around $70 and the remaining 50 dolla on a cheap but functional AM2 mobo which I dont have a clue in what to get. I hope to get help here, I want cpu and ram to pair up 7800gt 256mb ddr3 and sata hard drive.

4. Tmagic650

Cool... that makes a difference. I buy 99% of my computer parts from Newegg. I knew they didn't ship outside the US. I'm trying to build a complete system for $400 right now and Newegg has complete systems, minus a monitor and printer for about $400. That DDR3 memory need is going to make the motherboard more expensive. If you stayed with DDR or DDR2 memory you might be able to get a motherboard for $60 or so. A processor $65 and memory $45

5. h_pavon

yeh man, thats more like it... but im still trying to figure out a good AM2 mobo, im not planning on OC, but need something cheap and stable.

6. Tmagic650

There are a lot of AM2 boards resonably priced, but they use DDR or DDR2 memory Biostar, Foxconn, MSI?

7. h_pavon

Yes brother, so many options... check this ones out:
    ECS GeForce6100SM-M (1.0), its a best seller.
    ASUS M2N-MX SE, just a good brand within price range.

What do you think? can any1 recommend a cheap but powerfull and stable mobo?

8. Tmagic650

The Newegg ECS reviews are better than the ASUS reviews...

9. h_pavon

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.